Sunday, August 14, 2011

I am getting a Chesapeake Bay Retriever as a puppy, are they good dogs, cute as a puppy?

I've had two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers so far, sadly one ran away. Like others have said i would have do or have done some research before i got the puppy. The one that ran away was stubborn, didn't pay attention, and jumped into our pool. I wouldn't trade anything for the six years i had her. She was my best bud and "protected" me from my guy friends even when i didn't want her too. There's a saying that you can tell a lab, ask a golden, but must negotiate with a Chesapeake. I wouldn't recommend a Chessie for a first time dog owner, but if you already have the puppy, make sure you get involved in obedience cles. These dogs love to swim and have a ton of energy. Also don't get freaked out if you see the dog grinning, my dog did it and scared my friends half to death. They also like talking to you, they do it when their excited about something. If my older one sees i have a treat, she roos and i ask her what she wants, and she keeps on roo-rooing. You are in for a great companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment